4.19.2012

Hair

Of course my first post back is about hair :) It's one of my favorite topics!

So, in the past few months, I've changed my hair. Like a HUGE change... Like relaxing it after wearing it natural for over 5 years!! Yeah... I wish I would not have done it. BUT it was just one of those things that I wanted to do and would not have been satisfied until I did it. So I did it the day after my bday, Jan 11th. Here it is April 19th, and I want my "other" hair back! I miss the feel of my natural hair.

I didn't relax it to "fit in" or anything like that. I was just bored with my fro and was tired of detangling it. I should have just got a sew in or a wig, but whatever. Lesson learned. I can now confidently say, I am NEVER going back to the relaxer.

So now, I am transitioning AND I have a transitioning partner :) My sister decided to transition with me. She doesnt want to do the big chop. But me? I dont care. If I big chop, this will be my 3rd time doing so. No biggie for me.

The only big decision I'm facing now is if I want to let my hair loc or keep it loose. I am so in love with locs but 1) Im afraid I'll get bored with it too quickly and 2) I'm afraid of loosing my edges! My edges are fragile and I'm afraid that the weight of the locs might thin my hairline.

This is my hair now:



This is how my hair was before: 





Right now I am 5 weeks post relaxer, so just stay tuned for updates on that.


Peace!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great both ways. I'm kind of transitioning now. I haven't had a relaxer since last April. Most of my relaxed hair is 1 inch long but about 20% of it is 3 to 4 inches. I'm so ready to chop it ALL off but I'm waiting for some of my batches to fill back in. I love your hair curly, its beautiful.

MissBrandiss said...

Thanks Judy! Hang in there with the transitioning, it's so worth it. I can't wait to have my hair back. I don't know how long I can do the transition thing though. I may just chop it all off for the summer. lol

Anonymous said...

Lol, I am thinking about chopping mine all off too!