4.29.2012

Peace of Food: Sunday Dinner

Today I decided to try something NEW!

Well it was my first time making it myself so it's new to me :) I successfully made some smothered chicken! LOL I'm a southern girl and I love comfort food, in moderation that is. It came out pretty good. It's not grandma's smothered chicken but the little one and I enjoyed it.

I didn't have any onions so I used celery and mushrooms with the chicken. Placed it over a bed of brown rice and served with some fresh green beans.


 

3 comments:

Dre said...

This looks so yummy! I'm a southern girl as well and I love my comfort food!

Anonymous said...

Girl that looks so good, looks like something I would cook. Recipe next time please! I grew up on smothered chicken and porkchops and to this day, I still don't know how to cook them (holds head in shame)

MissBrandiss said...

@Miss Dre-- it was very yummy :)

@Judy-- When I can perfect it I'll post a recipe. I think I used too much flour, but I will definitely be trying it again!