4.29.2012

What do you do??

When it seems as if life is against you, what do you do?

No seriously, what do YOU do?




I know everyday won't be grand and exciting, but the past 2 weeks for me have been down. I lost my godmother 2 weeks ago. I had not talked with her in a few months and didn't even know she was sick.Then a few days ago my little one was admitted to the hospital because of his asthma. He is much better now, but when you have a sick child and you can't do anything to make them better right away, it really takes a toll on you. After he was discharged we came home and mostly everything was out of its place! Simply because I just have not had the energy nor time to deal with cleaning up.This week coming I am dealing with finals at school and trying to finish a research paper. Finances just don't seem like they are ever enough. I could go on, but I'll stop.

People tell me "Oh you'll be okay", or "This too shall pass", or "Joy comes in the morning". I'm sorry but although those things are true, cliches are just not comforting to me. At all.

One thing I can say that I am learning form all of this is that I need to get myself "spiritually plugged in". I am not religious at all, but I think my spiritual life has been abandoned the past few years and I need to get it back in order. Going to work on meditating... maybe... if I don't fall asleep like I did in my past attempts.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First let me say sorry about your godmother passing away and I'm glad your son is doing better.

Secondly, when I am down and really going through it, some of the things that help me are music, crying, wine, candles, movies,blogging, reading, warm fudgy brownies and just being alone, all to myself and leaving the outside world alone for a little while until I can make sense of the situation(s) or feelings that I am experiencing. Everyone deals with feeling super weighed down at times and these are some of the things that really help me.

Hope it gets better for you soon sweetie. I'm not religous either, but I am def working on it. I went to church last week for the first time in over a year. We all have to start somewhere.

MissBrandiss said...

Thanks.
The wine, music, and being alone actually helped a bit. Gotta make some of those warm fudgy brownies though!!

And yes, I agree, we have to start somewhere :)