8.18.2012

Peace of Food: Curry Shrimp





I recall sitting at my desk at work thinking about shrimp. By the time I got off from work I decided I wanted curry shrimp, but the problem was I'd never made it before! Anyone that knows me knows that if I don't know how to do something I will find out and that is exactly what I did. I checked out a few recipes and tweaked mine the way I wanted it.

Items used:
1 lb shrimp
yellow bell pepper
green bell pepper
garlic clove
onion
Tomato
curry powder
cooking oil
sea salt
black (and/or cayenne) pepper
and other seasonings desired
*and I served it over jasmine rice (my first time cooking that as well)

So I pretty much put about 2 tablespoons of curry powder into the pan with about 1/4 cup of oil, let it get hot. I added the veggies and let them cook down. Then added some water. I don't remember exactly how much water I added, probably 1-2 cups. Once it started boiling, I added the shrimp, let them cook for about 10 minutes. I prepared the rice according to the directions on the package. And that was it. This was a quick easy, tasty meal. i wanted to prepare fried plantain with it, but thee grocery store didn't have any that were ripe and ready.

Have you ever made curry shrimp? Do you have a recipe of your own that you would like to share? I'd love to try it ;) And if you decide to try mine, let me know what you think



Later loves!


No comments: